Westscape Private Servers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Next Generation In Private Servers

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check the forum post "Minecraft Server Release"
Happy Holidays!

Beginner's Guide to Westscape!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Z

Beginner's Guide to Westscape! Empty
PostSubject: Beginner's Guide to Westscape!   Beginner's Guide to Westscape! EmptyTue May 11, 2010 12:07 am

Hi. I'm Z in Westscape, both ingame and on the forums. I'm a bit adept at writing in-depth guides, so I decided to make a Beginner's Guide to Westscape. Feel free to PM or post on this thread if you feel that something should be added/altered. You WILL get credit in the end.

Version 1.0 :- The Official Release!

Working on:
More money making ideas
Skill information
Might add pics.

CONTENTS:
1. Starting Off!
2. Life of a "Newb"
3. Rags to Riches!

Chapter 1: Starting Off!

So, you're new to the server, you have no clue what your gonna have to do, nor do you have any idea where to go to become one of the "Bill Gates" of the server. (Bill Gates as in a highly powerful player on this server!)

First off, create an account with a respectable name. In this example, I'll use "Door". You should begin with 50M, Rune armor, and a Whip. If your gonna be a skiller, trade Thesselia for some good outfits. If not, DO NOT TAKE OFF YOUR ARMOR! If you do training WILL BE HELL for you! To train a specific stat, click on the relevent skill tab. (For example, if you wish the train Combat, click any of the melee combat stat tabs such as strength, def, or attack).

Chapter 2: Life of a "Newb"

This Chapter will give you the tour and show you the general info to train skills.

Melee (Attack, Defence, Strength)

You'll teleport to the Combat Guild. Just head to the Main Lobby to find two Guards, four Heroes, and 1 Gog thing (Can't remember the name) (lvl 21, 69, 138 respectively). You may die, so always do ::savebackup and bank your cash! If you DO die, do ::loadbackup to get your items back. Note: You normally don't lose items if you die, but sometimes you do, so always do ::savebackup! That's how people train melee.

Magic (Runecraft)

You can't buy Runes on this server, so it's off to runecrafting! Magic is a very irritating skill to level since you can't do it all at once. Just runecraft by going to to Runecraft, and right-clicking Aubury, and go to teleport. You'll appear at a black cool looking thing. Just head north (You can walk on the air denoted by the lights), and click on the Cosmic Altar. You'll get random runes. The main one you'll want is a HELLUVA lot of Fires, Airs, Bloods, and Natures. Just alch the crap runes you get and ta-dah! You're training mage! Keep doing this until you get 80 mage (This WILL take a while). Once you're 80 mage, you can relax, cause you're good enough to do the "Charge" spell. Mind you, you'll take ALOT of runes, but you can mass click Charge, so it'll go VERY FAST! Once you're 99 magic, Gratz! Go talk to the Robe Store Seller in front of Mage Guild at the Magic Skill Tab Teleport.

Range (Range)

So far, ranging has been removed from the server for causing too many dc's, and it nulls everyone. You CAN, however, buy blessed d'hide sets from the Armor Salesman there. It has good outfits for skillers.

Slayer (Slayer + Attack, Defence, Strength)

If you wanted that sexy Slayer Skillcape, go to Slayer Skill Tab, and talk to Duradel. Ask for a "New Slayer Task" and he'll give you one. DO NOT GO TO SLAYER CAVE! You'll only achieve in dc'ing 1,000 times, and lag the server. Keep asking for tasks until you get a HERO task, or GUARD task. Then teleport to Attack/Defence/Strength, and kill the relevent monster you have to kill.

Kaylee wrote:
You can also do Dragon Tasks if you kill the dragons at falador park
This is correct, and I forgot to add this. Dragon Tasks are a bit dangerous, but with prayer and dragonfire shield, it's a cake walk

Runecraft (Runecraft)
Refer to Magic

MORE SKILLS COMING SOON!

Chapter 3: Rags to Riches!

This Chapter will show you how to make money.

You can always PVP for money, but say if you don't wanna risk your rare bandos/ags. Then this is the chapter for you!

Fight Pits:
This is one AWESOME way to make money. The winner recieves a random 3rd age item, and plus, IT'S SAFE TO DIE HERE! You won't lose items if you die, so if you happen to lose, DO NOT WORRY! An entire 3rd age melee set costs about 100M on the GE, so it's very good money!

RuneCrafting;
Alot of people want the runes to do magic, like me. So the demand for runes is good enough to profit from. 1-99 Runecrafting makes alot of runes, so you can sell them ALL at Grand Exchange. Happy Runecrafting!

MORE MONEY-MAKING IDEAS COMING SOON!

Credits - Z for being awesome to make this.

Kaylee for some Slayer Information

Last edited by Z on Fri May 14, 2010 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
co extinct
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Beginner's Guide to Westscape!   Beginner's Guide to Westscape! EmptyTue May 11, 2010 4:45 pm

Shot bro weldone with this maybe you could add pics would be alot better ae Smile
Back to top Go down
Z

PostSubject: Re: Beginner's Guide to Westscape!   Beginner's Guide to Westscape! EmptyTue May 11, 2010 8:08 pm

Alright! I'll add pictures! I just found a good image-hosting site (tinypic.com), so, pics will be up soon!
Back to top Go down
Coffee

Coffee

PostSubject: Re: Beginner's Guide to Westscape!   Beginner's Guide to Westscape! EmptyFri May 14, 2010 3:28 am

Z wrote:
Alright! I'll add pictures! I just found a good image-hosting site (tinypic.com), so, pics will be up soon!

Was it that you did yesterday ? x) :s , When I was gonna do Dragon Slayer Quest with you?
Back to top Go down
kaylee

kaylee

PostSubject: Re: Beginner's Guide to Westscape!   Beginner's Guide to Westscape! EmptyFri May 14, 2010 10:46 pm

Goodjob, but if you have (insert magic level here), you can get the dragons test and teleport to falador, dragons in the park!
Back to top Go down
Z

PostSubject: Re: Beginner's Guide to Westscape!   Beginner's Guide to Westscape! EmptyFri May 14, 2010 11:46 pm

Ah yeah! I forgot about dragons! Thanks for reminding me kaylee.
Back to top Go down
kaylee

kaylee

PostSubject: Re: Beginner's Guide to Westscape!   Beginner's Guide to Westscape! EmptySun May 16, 2010 10:49 pm

Your welcome! Smile
Back to top Go down
iitoxiik

PostSubject: Re: Beginner's Guide to Westscape!   Beginner's Guide to Westscape! EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 1:00 am

Nice job on the guide! Also how do i do the dragon test?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beginner's Guide to Westscape!   Beginner's Guide to Westscape! Empty

Back to top Go down

Beginner's Guide to Westscape!
Page 1 of 1